Monday, August 06, 2007

The story about a cat 1

(I wrote this one year ago, but never finished it.)


I met a cat, in a hot day.

The air was stagnant and unfriendly. Walking in the street just as I am struggling to save myself from a swamp. I was standing on the corner of 7th Avenue and 38th Street. It was two o'clock in the afternoon and I was overwhelmed by honks, groups of visitors, businessmen, and all kinds of designers and models. I thought I was lost.

While I was trying to dodge bubbles spurted by a hand bubble gun, “what are you looking for?" I thought someone talking to me. I looked around and apparently no one even wanted to pay attention to me.
“Hey, I am talking to you.”
A cat was staring at me, just in front of Starbucks.

Yeah, a cat. Not a hot chick, not a taxi driver who has been cursing, not a part-timer always standing on this corner passing sample sale flyers.

A cat.

“Well, I am looking for my home” I answered.

She had a pretty body, neat claws, and groomed red hair. I looked at her and I noticed her eyes. The pair of eyes hid contradiction and self-consciousness. They were confident and seductive, hostile and defensive, weak and lonely.
“How about you? What are you looking for?” I asked.
“I am not sure what I am seeking, I think I lost some of my feelings but I don’t know what it is.” She answered.
“Are you trying to figure it out?”
“No. I just want to enjoy my life.”

Suddenly I remembered I have to make a phone call.

I began to dial by my cell phone. I didn’t move because I wanted to keep this conversation.
“Hello?” Someone answered.
“Hi.” I said.
“It’s you? Why do you call me?”
“(Screw you, bitch. I was thinking.) I think you are not in a good mood. And, you know, just want to know anything I can help.”
“Let’s talk next time.”
“By…” She hung up before I finished.

The cat was still there.
“Hi, I am…” She told me her name.

I don’t remember. What’s her name? How can I forget? I don’t even have to know when I met her.
But it doesn’t matter.
You must know cat this kind of creature. You never enter her heart, no matter how long you’ve known her.


No comments: